Monday, September 7, 2009

The Outdoors

This past Sunday, I spent almost all day outside at practice. When I stepped out of the car and began walking into the locker room all I could smell was the smell of freshly cut grass on the field. It instantly gave me a headache because I knew it was going to be a long and hot day. While we were stretching, I was already sweating. It felt like it was 100 degrees outside. The grass was very green and all the trees stood still, because there was not even the slightest breeze out there. There was not a cloud in the sky, so the sun was just beaming down on all of us. Practice finally ended at like 6:00. It was not a fun day to spend outside. I would have much rather of been at the beach. The atmosphere there is perfect. There is always a cool breeze blowing, and you can hear the waves roaring across the sea. But instead I was at softball practice in Atlanta, Georgia where it is always humid and hot. Just one hour into practice, our grey t-shirts were soaking wet with sweat, and we all smelt bad. Finally practice ended hours later and it was time to go shower! I got into my car and rolled the windows down to attempt to feel the wind and cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment