Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Obama's Speech

I think that Obama's speech was a big deal because as a leader of our country, he was trying to influence the young people in our world. It was warrented because he was trying to tell students that they can't ever quit, because if they quit on their futures, they also quit on the future of America. Students that are my age today are the future, and I believe that Obama did the right thing by telling them that they need to focus on their futures. My family votes republican, and that of course influences me. I have grown up seeing things the way my parents see them. They do not like Obama and did not vote for him. I do not know very much about politics, but I believe that Obama is sending a good message here. If I was a teenager in high school who was not trying and had no future for myself, I think it would influence me tremendously if the president of the United States took the time to come talk to me about how I need to try and become something for the future. There are people who do not agree with Obama's plans for America, but I think that anyone could see that he is trying to help these teens and the future of America in this situation. After reading this article, I have more respect for Obama and I truly believe he was doing this for the better of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment