Tuesday, September 22, 2009

newspaper articles

I did not really get what we were supposed to do?

1st article:

The first article I found was in the AJC titled "Cops playing Wii on the job." This was a good example because the title instantly catches the readers attention because people are interested in why are city cops are playing video games rather than doing their jobs. The officers were caught on camera and turned in. I'm sure that people in this town were a little worried about what was going on. Police men are supposed to be on the job at all times, not playing Wii.


2nd article:

The second article I found was in the New York Times. It was called "Seeing yourself In their Light," It is a good example because it is a fashion article about how people see others and it deals with the effects of media and magazines. Body image is a big issue with young teens today. This article deals with young girls and the effects that magazines can have on them.I think that this article catches the readers attention because it is an important issue. I don't think I have ever heard of this occurring anywhere, and I'm sure it has raised a few eyebrows to many other readers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment