Friday, September 11, 2009

Crooked Letter State

I knew that Mississippi was a southern state, which means that it was a lot like Georgia but did have some differences. There has always been racism in the south, but I did not know what it was like in Mississippi. In this article I read that a Lebanese family was having trouble being excepted into Clarksdale. They experienced some of the same things that many black families have faced coming to the south. Racism is not as bad as it was many years ago, but it still does happen in many different places. The south is one of the main regions. Over the years, the Lebanese family have seemed o be more excepted, and people come in to eat at their barbecue restaurant. Racism still exists all over the U.S, whether its with blacks, Hispanics, or even Lebanese people. There will always be discrimination in the world, but the important thing is that it can be improved. Martin Luther King was a big part of that, and a lot has improved since those horrible times back then. I'm glad that the Lebanese family began to be excepted in the community, and that they could begin to live a normal life. I could never imagine what it feels like to be discriminated against, and I know that I would never make someone feel as if they did not belong here just because of their race.

No comments:

Post a Comment