Sunday, October 18, 2009

Real News?

I watched the video where the Daily Show makes fun of CNN. I don't believe that this is a true source of news. People do not get the real true story on this show. The whole point of the show is to make fun of news that is going on. Sure they show clips of news that has happened that week, or bring up topics that are occurring in America, but the point is to make fun of these things. I believe that most people watch this show because its funny. I do not think people should watch this as a news source. If they want to truly get the whole story people should watch local news, or news sources like CNN. I think that it is a funny show and a way of entertainment, but I do not think that this is real news. Jon Stewart's goal is to make fun of other news sources, so this is the big obvious reason it is not a real news source! I do not ever really watch this show, but I do watch a show that is kind of like this. It is called, Chelsea Lately. She is a comedian that makes fun of celebrity news. I think that the show is hilarious, but I you do not get the whole story from her either. Just like Jon Stewart, Chelsea's whole point is to take celebrity news stories and make fun of them. She never really gives the whole, true story because her point is to make fun of them. There are a lot of these types of shows out there, and none of them are true news sources. They are just a way of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment