Friday, August 21, 2009

A Soldiers Story

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20061211/soldiers_story


The narrative story that I found today is about an American Soldier who fights alongside of Iraqis, and how he interacts with Iraqi soldiers’ every day. This story is interesting to me because it tells the story of a soldier's daily life in Iraq. The details are so intense and it is crazy to me what he deals with on a day to day basis. To be honest, I have never picked up or looked up an article about an American Soldier because it never really interested me. Something about this story did catch my eye though. I read the first few sentences and from that moment on I was intrigued. I believe that this article is worth reading because it gives young people, like me, a better understanding about what our soldiers do for us every day.I don't watch the news, so I really don't know what goes on with the war. I have a general idea, but I don't know that those soldiers go through everyday, and I don't understand the fears they face. I will never truly understand what it is like to be an American soldier, but reading stories like these are very inspirational.There are people overseas fighting for our lives every day, and sometimes we take that for granite. I will admit that I do. This soldier uses real, descriptive details to make his story worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment